Friday, October 05, 2007

Posting Problem, Medications and Rachel

The chief purpose of this post is to discover whether posting through Internet Explorer will eliminate the irritating text comment interruptions.

I was quite productive today but don't have the patience to tell you all I did. I did feel an obligation to reveal the medication cocktail that freed me from longstanding clinical depression:

Lamictal: 150 mg. BID (twice a day)
Wellbrutrin: 300 mg AM, 150 mg PM.
Prozac, 80 mg AM.
Abilify, 5 mg AM.

I think the addition of this new antipsychotic (Abilify), that affects the Dopamine 2 receptors more selectively, proved the difference in my treatment. I think it worked adjunctively to enhance all the other medications. Given the failure of two antipsychotics attuned to a more traditional dopamine receptor prior to it, I wonder whether the D2 receptor might be more important for my treatment-resistant depression (since bipolars suffer the most serious suicidal depressions, and the hardest to treat).

Norm, you there? Was I too mean to you about your poem at Alsop? I have no gauge anymore; the truth is in such short supply, and I like to speak my truth. Those who know me know that I never seek to diminish another poet, only to react honestly according to my lights.

Alright. Done with that. I need not be paranoid toward you or I am ruined as a literary correspondent entirely.

I still don't understand the dearth of comments about the spooky photographs of Rachel and I a little over a month before her demise.

I LOVE YOU RACHEL AND THINK OF YOU EVERYTIME WE DON'T RUN OUT OF FORKS BECAUSE WE TOOK YOUR KITCHEN STUFF AND HAD BEEN VERY SHORK ON FORTS. I MEAN SHORT ON FORKS. HORTS ON KORFS. WHATEVER. FORTS ON WARTS. FARTS WITH CORKS.

ENJOY YOUR FAMILY'S DRAMA WHILE YOU'RE IN THE BLEACHERS; LUCKY FOR YOU, YOU WEREN'T BORN INTO A BORING FAMILY! I BET ALL YOUR NEW FRIENDS PREFER WATCHING YOUR FAMILY'S TAPES.

Love,

Papa

3 Kilobunnies!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:34 PM PDT

    CE,

    Glad the meds combo appears to be taking effect, at last. When you start to dribble, that's the time to change. I haven't started dribbling yet, but I've not been awake long enough to notice.

    A dearth? As in lack of or a famine? Everybody needs to experience a dearth from time to time. There’s nothing like a good dearth to blow away the cobwebs and revitalize the spindles.

    Surely, there must be an in-built fix for Firefox? I’ve checked this error and it appears on thousands of websites.

    Regards,
    Coral

    ReplyDelete

Please share your opinion!

Unexpected Light

Unexpected Light
Selected Poems and Love Poems 1998-2008 ON SALE NOW!